Oman Toll-Free Number 8007 5792
SBI Muscat do not Market, Source, Process & Deliver Outbound Business and the contents appearing in this Web page is not meant for advertisement of outbound business.
SBI Muscat facilitates the following Non-Resident Indian account-related services:
- Opening of Non-Resident accounts with authorised branches of State Bank of India in India
- Remittances to India in Indian Rupees, US Dollar, Pound Sterling and Euro
- Attestation of documents
- Attestation of Life Certificates
For detailed information on products and services offered by State Bank of India, please visit the link NRI Services on our website https://bank.sbi/portal/web/nri
- Kindly download the application form from https://bank.sbi/portal/web/nri, complete and bring to us or apply Online from this s Save ite and bring the printout of the same.
- Please provide the following documents along with completed application forms:
1. Proof of Identity: Passport (1st page, Address page and Latest visa page)
2. Proof of Non-Resident Status: Latest Resident Card
3. Proof of Current Overseas Address (The Current Address written in the application form should match the address in any one of the following documents submitted)
Anyone of the following:
- a) Original copy of latest overseas bank account statement
- b) Driving License
- c) Telephone / Mobile bill
- d) Electricity, Water Bill (Translated in English) in the name of the applicant(s)
- e) Employer’s certificate
- f) Existing NRE / NRO account statement carrying overseas address with any other bank in India
- g) Address proof of the blood relative as per point a) to e) above (spouse, father, mother, sister, brother and child) with whom you are staying along with supporting proof of relationship (Passport, PAN Card, Driving License, Voter Identity Card, Aadhaar Card, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate)
4. Proof of Permanent Address (India)
Anyone of the following: For NRIs:
- a) Relevant pages of Passport
- b) Driving License with address
- c) Voter Identity Card
- d) Aadhaar Letter/Card
- e) NREGA Job Card For PIOs / OCIs: Relevant pages of Passport
5. Photographs: 2 numbers
- These documents are required for all applicants.
- Originals of all Documents (Including Passport) are to be submitted to us for attestation. âž¢ All documents must be self-attested by the applicants.
- In the Current Address (Overseas) field please write only PO Box address. Please do not write Flat / Building address, as courier / postal service delivery is made only to PO Box address. .
- The duly attested and completed application form along with initial remittance will be sent by SBI, Muscat to the relevant Account opening processing centre in India.
- After the account is opened you have the option of receiving the Welcome Kit containing the Account related documents (ATM Card, Passbook, Cheque books etc.) at your address in Oman or in India. Please advise the dealing Staff at the time of submission of the application form regarding this.(These documents are not received at/by SBI Muscat)
- Once the account is opened, kindly contact the Home branch for account-related services like ATM Card / PIN / Internet baking etc as these services for Non-resident accounts are not undertaken at SBI, Muscat.
- The minimum amount of initial remittance for opening the account is Rs.5,000.00
- The service charge is OMR 5.000
- You may make use of the Toll-free number from Oman to the SBI Call centre in India at 80075792 details on Non-Resident products & services
Kindly note that the following services related to Non-Resident accounts maintained at Indian branches are not undertaken at SBI, Muscat Branch:
- Account balance inquiry
- Passbook updation
- Statement printing
- Internet banking “ New registration / Resetting of passwords
- ATM card: New card issue / PIN related services
- SBI Mutual Fund, SBI Life, SBI Card related services.